At Skegness Grammar School we are privileged to have developed longstanding partnerships with a number of national and international organisations.
The extensive enrichment opportunities that we provide for students are a real source of pride for us. Find out more about each of our partners below:
Education Business Partnership
Skegness Grammar School has worked closely with the Lincolnshire and Rutland Education Business Partnership over the past few years.
We are committed to developing business links with the local and wider business partnerships.
Through the partnership, students take part in enterprise challenges involving real life problem solving from business scenarios. The aim is to enable pupils to gain more awareness of possible career opportunities available to them.
LAMDA stands for the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts.
This prestigious examining board offers qualifications in various levels to individuals wishing to develop their talents in a variety of areas. Mr Ian Mann is a qualified LAMDA teacher and spends one day per week in school delivering lessons to individuals, pairs or small groups.
For more information on LAMDA, please contact Mr A Dench.
The original Embassy building, first known as The Piazza, has stood dominating Grand Parade at Skegness since 1926.
Skegness Grammar School has established links with the Embassy Centre, which hosts our annual Speech Day. We have many pupils who perform there in both school led productions and those organised by the Janice Sutton Theatre School. Janice has produced summer season full production shows and cabaret for over 25 years on the East Coast first at the Derbyshire Miners Holiday Centre, Butlins Family Resort and now at The Embassy Theatre Skegness.
Please follow the link below if you wish to know more about the theatre and its productions.
Skegness Grammar forged links with Accra Girls’ Senior High School (AGISS), Ghana, as part of the International Inspiration programme run by the Youth Sport Trust and the British Council.
Our school worked with AGISS to build a sporting legacy, aiming to increase participation in sports lessons at AGISS whilst developing the leadership skills of our students.
Mission Links specialise in providing the student placement services for children holding British passports getting admission into UK State Boarding Schools.
They provide help to children in Hong Kong and Macao, allowing them to access a high quality boarding school education at a low cost.
Other enrichment opportunities have included:
- Y12 outward bound experience in Canada
- German trip to Berlin
- Watersport trip to Spain
- Ski Trip to France
- Year 10 trip to St. Vincent and Grenadines
- National Portrait gallery Art trip
- Higher Educational Residential – Nottingham university
- Y8 Higher Education day visit – Nottingham university
- Y7 bowling trip
- Isaac Newton Science Lecture
- DRET Winter, Spring and Summer Cup
- EPQ research university trip – Leeds
- DRET women in STEM trip
- Nottingham Playhouse
- Leicester Tigers Rugby Trip
- Senior Team Maths Challenge in Lincoln
- Ockham’s Razor tipping point performance at the Drill Hall, Lincoln.
- DRET Netball talent day
- DRET All stars
- Natural History Museum Trip
- University of Warwick Maths Trip
- Y9 DRET Options day
- Making of Harry Potter, London
- Journalism Taster Day, University of Sheffield
- Destination Anywhere – EDP competition, Butlins
- Manchester United Football Trip
- Nottingham Art Trip
- Milton Keynes Geography Trip
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot performance at Lincoln Drill hall
- Tutor2U revision day in Leeds for Y12 and Y13 Business Students
- DRET Music Competition
- Othello workshop
- Big Bang Fair, Birmingham
- Oxbridge Conference – Lincoln
- Kalisher Debating trip to London – Royal Courts of Justice
- Step Up! Maths problem solving day at University of Cambridge
- Kalisher Debating – University of Nottingham
- ‘Cell’ performance – Lincoln Drill Hall
- British Olympic Association visit – London
- Netball Tour – Shrewsbury
- Geography fieldtrip – Skegness
- Cambridge University 6th form quiz competition – Lincoln
- Poetry reading by Dame Carol Ann Duffy
- Loughborough University Maths enrichment event.
- Lee Valley Olympic Park Hockey trip
- RED Stem day at RAF Scampton
- Y7 - Art beach visit
- Y12 Kalisher day at University of Sheffield
- London Drama residential – ‘The play that goes wrong and Phantom of the opera’.
- University Challenge at Lincoln University
- DRET Choral Course – Uppingham residential
- Y12 University HE Residential, Leeds University
- Y12 University of Sheffield Campus visit
- London Drama trip to see ‘Dog in the Night-time’
What sort of skills does enrichment teach?
- Determination to succeed
- Winning and losing with grace
- Respect for others
- Confidence in yourself
- A sense of fun and enjoyment
- Focus and attitude
- Health benefits
Academies across the Trust are encouraged to work collaboratively to make the most of the opportunities on offer and Skegness Grammar School regularly participates in these activities.
In addition to our own partners, the Trust has partnerships with a number of organisations that work with us to provide opportunities in music, drama, art and other cultural pursuits.
For further information about the enrichment opportunities that are on offer please contact:
Shane Ward & Alex Green
To contact us please call head office:
01476 566 801