At Skegness Grammar School we believe that a strong partnership with parents is extremely important.
Regular programme of Parents’ Consultation Evenings exists where parents have the opportunity to meet with their child’s subject teachers to discuss progress.
All pupils have an annual tutorial with their Form Tutor to set targets for the following year and to review and discuss their progress.
We ask that parents support us in upholding key policies, such as championing high attendance and correct uniform.
We have introduced to our parents My Child at School which is the best way of looking at information on their child, updating contact details, downloading reports and accessing data and information relating to their child's progress and performance.
As part of our Home School Partnership Agreement we expect parents/carers to:
- Take an interest in the work of their son/daughter and encourage them to always do their best
- Monitor their son/daughter’s Show My Homework profile and make sure they complete it
- Make sure their son/daughter attends school on time every day and inform the school as soon as possible if they are absent
- Make sure their son/daughter has the right equipment for school and send them in the full and correct uniform
- Encourage the student to have high standards of behaviour at all times and support the school if sanctions become necessary
- Let the school know if there are any problems likely to affect their son/daughter
- Attend parents’ evenings and read letters from the school and reply if necessary
- Support the school if sanctions, for example, detentions become necessary
- Contact the school Pastoral Department quickly if worried or concerned about any issue
- Support events that the school is involved in
- Encourage the student to respect their environment.
By agreeing to these statements in this partnership we, as a school will do everything we can to support your child and make sure their time at Skegness Grammar School is very happy and successful.
Ready to Return
Ready to Return Agreements
Show My Homework
Show my homework provides students and parents with a live SGS homework calendar.
Please click on the link below and use the filters on the top row to see homework tasks, deadlines and guidance for your child. Show My Homework will be used permanently to set homework for students at SGS from September 2016, so we advise that you familiarise yourself with the calendar. Parents will soon be provided with a unique PIN number which will allow personalised access to a student’s individual timetable through the website or App.
If your child is starting primary school or transferring to secondary school in September 2020 they may be eligible for school transport. If you think your child is eligible please apply for transport as soon as you have your offer of a school place. Applications can be made online at the website below or a telephone application can be made by contacting the Customer Service Centre on 01522 782020.
For more information about the home to school transport policy and online applications please go to www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/school-college-transport. Queries can be emailed to email@example.com.
Parents/carers should be aware that the school is required to take any reasonable action to ensure the safety of all its students.
In cases where the school may have reason to be concerned that a child may be subject to ill-treatment, neglect or other forms of abuse, the Safeguarding Team are obliged to follow the school’s safeguarding procedures and inform Children’s Services and/or The Police of the concern. This is entirely in the interests of adhering to our safeguarding commitment to our students and promoting their wellbeing.
Online Safety & Counter Radicalisation
The following link takes you to a website that allows anyone to report any form of online abuse or harassment and provides advice on coping with it reportharmfulcontent.online.
For really easy to use information about understanding Radicalisation and Extremism, how to recognise the risks for our young people and how we can all help to protect and support them, please use this great link:
Our performance against other schools can be found via the Department for Education’s School Performance Table.
KS4 Performance Data - 2019 (Provisional)
KS5 Performance Data 2018
Our latest KS5 performance data can be found here.
Ofsted & Parent View
Our latest Ofsted report can be found here.
Changes to GCSE grades (English and Maths)
Parents/Carers may be aware already that the GCSE grades will change from this summer’s set of GCSE results to be grades 9-1, rather than A*-G. The DfE and OfQUAL have prepared key pieces of information for parents/carers, students and employers – please click on the link on the left to see the full range of OfQUAL information”.
Learner Records Service
All the exam boards send their results to the Learner Records Service for inclusion in their individual Learner Record. This is the link to the LRS Privacy Notice https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/lrs-privacy-notices
Healthy Minds - Lincolnshire
Vital mental health support. Feel free to view this link:
- Bereavement support
- Lincolnshire Helpline Details
- My Wellbeing
- MyChildAtSchool Parent App Quick Guide
- MyChildAtSchool Parent Guide
- Secondary Letter to Parents 11 05 2020 Final
- Skegness Grammar Homework Timetable
- Skegness Grammar Mini bus Service
- Skegness Grammar Mobile Phones and Healthy Minds
- Skegness Grammar Reading List
- Skegness Grammar Term Dates 2019 20