Sixth Form Offer
All students follow courses at Level 3 study and the majority of our students move onto Higher Education.
Students have the opportunity to study one of three pathways. Pathway 1 is a traditional A Level pathway, where a student will study three A Levels (four in exceptional circumstances). Pathway 2 combines two A Level subjects alongside a Level 3 BTEC Extended Certificate. Pathway 3 allows students to study one A Level alongside a Level 3 BTEC Diploma. More details on the pathways can be found in the Sixth Form prospectus.
Also, students have the opportunity to study an enrichment option. These change depending upon staff expertise, student interest and availability. Currently, we offer the Level 3 Extended Project Qualification, Bishop Grosseteste Pre-Teaching, Core Maths and a non-assessed PE option. In addition, there is a very rich programme of sporting and extra-curricular activities. Students also study PSHE and Careers, Information, Education and Guidance.
Level 3 Subjects to choose from are:
- A Level Art
- National Extended Certificate in Applied Science (BTEC)
- A Level Biology
- A Level Business Studies
- National Diploma in Business (BTEC)
- A Level Chemistry
- National Extended Certificate in Computing (BTEC)
- A Level Economics
- A Level English Language
- A Level English Literature
- A Level Geography
- A Level History
- National Diploma in Health and Social Care (BTEC)
- A Level Maths
- A Level Further Maths
- A Level Music
- National Diploma in Performing Arts (BTEC)
- A Level Physical Education
- A Level Physics
- A Level Product Design
- A Level Psychology
- A Level Religious Studies
- A Level Sociology
- National Diploma in Sport (BTEC)
- National Diploma in Travel and Tourism (BTEC)
All courses are subject to viable numbers opting for them.